J&T Express Philippines is committed to protect the customers’ personal information and will take necessary and relevant measures to safeguard the customers’ personal information in accordance with Republic Act 10173 or otherwise known as the Data Protection Act 2012.
J&T Express Philippines may collect information that personally identifies the customer when the customers choose to use J&T Philippines’ services. The processing and utilization of the customers’ personal information will be done in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Notice herein and all applicable laws.
Personal information refers to data that can be used on its own, or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person or an individual in context.
1. Your name, gender, civil status, date of birth, address, telephone or mobile numbers, email address, mailing address, proof of identification, and any other information relating to you which you have provided, in submission of any form, and as a result of our interaction with you either online or offline
2. Your bank account and credit card information that you provide us in availing our products and services;
4. Your social media behavior when you tag, mention, or post photographs of any J&T Express Philippines related posts and its subsidiaries publicly on any social media platform (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.); and
5. Your work-related information regarding your company, your ownership, and participation when you apply for vendor accreditation;
1. When you purchase or avail any of our products, services, promos, activities, and events;
2. When you interact with our sales or customer care agents, reservation officers and specialists through email, phone, chat services, or face-to-face meetings;
3. When you submit information through manual forms, and online forms on our digital assets (i.e., websites, apps), or contact us through any of our social media accounts (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.);
4. When you register, maintain, or use our digital platforms, including our mobile apps;
5. When you visit our premises with CCTV surveillance camera that are used for safety and security of our guests, employees, and other visitors of our drop off points/stores/branches;
6. When you provide personal information in relation to inquiries, requests, and complaints;
7. When you respond to surveys, promotions, and other marketing and sales initiatives;
8. When you submit through manual forms (e.g. bio-data, resume, curriculum vitae, etc.) or fill-up our online forms for job application;
9. When you submit your personal information through job posting platforms (e.g. Jobstreet, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.);
10. When you are referred to us by third parties or business partners; and
11. When you submit your personal information to us for any other reason.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and for the following particular reasons:
1. To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you, in accordance with our legitimate interest to provide our customers with a responsive service;
2. To provide services and products requested and/or purchased by you and to communicate with you about such services and/or products. We do this as necessary in order to carry out a contract with you and in accordance with our legitimate interest to operate a business, which offers products and services related to courier delivery service;
3. To update our records and for audit purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so and/or when required by legislation;
4. To prevent or detect fraud and to establish, exercise or in defence of legal claims, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so;
5. Where legally required or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, to comply with requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
6. To analyze trends and profiles, for our legitimate interest to aim to enhance, modify, personalize and improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
7. To carry out customer satisfaction research, for our legitimate interest to aim to enhance, modify, personalize and improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers; and
8. To recommend products and services we think you will be interested in. We do this in accordance with our legitimate interest to carry out direct marketing to our customers and, where we use your data or electronic methods such as email, only with your explicit consent.
When you disclose to us personal information of another person, you attest that consent has been obtained from that person to disclose and process his/her personal information in accordance with this policy.
J&T Express Philippines may disclose the customers’ personal information to the following parties (including those located overseas) for the purposes stated above:
1. To our authorized employee/s;
2. Agents and service providers who provide services relating to the purposes of which the personal information is collected including data processing services;
3. Professional advisers such as lawyers and certified public accountants;
4. Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
5. Suppliers or subcontractors; third-party service providers; consultants that have been contracted by J&T Express Philippines to provide logistics, warehousing, freight-forwarding, financial, technical, administrative, and support services such as information technology, payroll, accounting, sales administration, procurement, training, background investigation, and other services, such as but not limited to allowing users to have access to and enjoy other features of our digital platforms;
6. Any third-party business offering goods and services or sponsor contest or other marketing and promotional programs, where you have provided your consent;
7. Members of our group of companies or our subsidiaries and affiliates; and
8. Our joint venture and VIP clients.
In addition, J&T Philippines does not sell, trade, or rent customers’ personal information to others.
If the User would like to access, update or correct the provided personal information, the User is able to access or correct personal information via our APPs.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need to for legitimate legal or business reasons, including to comply with any regulatory obligation. However, we may delete your personal data upon your express request in accordance with your rights as a data subject under Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012. In accordance with the Act, the following shall be the grounds for request of deletion of user’s personal information:
1. the personal information is incomplete,
2. the personal information is outdated;
3. the personal information is false or unlawfully obtained;
4. the personal information is used for unauthorized purposes; and
5. the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
User who wishes to delete his/her collected personal data may submit the written request at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org